LastPass is AMT’s favorite password manager.
WHAT IS A PASSWORD MANAGER?
A password manager is a software application that is used to store and manage the passwords that a user has for various online accounts and security features. Password managers store the passwords in an encrypted format and provide secure access to all the password information with the help of a master password.
WHAT IS LASTPASS?
LastPass is a password manager that stores encrypted passwords online. The standard version of LastPass comes with a web interface, but also includes plugins for various web browsers and apps for many smartphones.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
· Get the LastPass browser extension
· Make a strong master password
· Explore your LastPass vault
· Link personal and business accounts
WHY USE IT?
· Easier to stay secure
· Ditch the notepad of passwords! No more forgetting a password
· Stay compliant (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
· Tiered access control
· Test for strength of passwords
· Increase productivity by sharing passwords to different departments quickly and securely